- To have an active progressive, formidable virile, democratic union that will ensure
justice domestic peace, provide common defense on rights of the students and
stimulate growth geared towards progressive citizenship.
- Aware of the role our students must play in the growth of Nigeria and sustenance of
the institution philosophy, we become determined to engage our members in the
national scheme of things to progress through knowledge skills in science and
- Obliged to speak without doubts against any breach of fundamental human rights of
speech association, movement and religion and to champion the course of the
oppressed people in the world as enshrined in Nigeria constitution.
TWO MAJOR ORGANS
The General assembly: -
The whole registered students of the university.
The congress consist of
- The executive
- The legislators
- The senate
Recently, the management led by vice chancellor Prof. C.O Onyeji demonstrated his believe
in civilized democratic principles when students of the university organized a free and fair
election of their executive devoid of any rancor for the 2010 academic session.
The emerging new executives are as follows: -
- President - Oleke Okechukwu Chibueze
- Vice President - Obodo Stella
- Secretary General - Ezeugwu Sam Okechukwu
- Assistant Secretary General - Onwe Emmanuel Emake
- The PRO - Okonkwo Felix
- Financial Secretay - Odo Solomon Chukwudi
- The Treasurer - Onah Paul Chukwudi