To date the University has nine (9) Faculties with forty-seven (47) departments and a College of Medicine.
The Faculties are
- Agriculture with 4 Departments
- Applied Natural Sciences with 7 Departments
- Environmental Sciences with 6 Departments
- Education with 4 Departments
- Engineering with 7 Departments
- Management Sciences with 8 Departments
- Law with four Departments
- Social Sciences with 4 Departments
- Medicine with 3 Departments
The University equally has a School of Post-Graduate Studies that offers P.G.D., MBA, M.Sc., and Ph.D degrees in various courses.
In the NUC ranking of May 2005, ESUT was adjudged the number one State University with the highest number of fully accredited programmes. In a similar rating thereafter, ESUT ranked the second best carrying capacity compliant State University behind Niger Delta University which came first.